Find out what happened on the scale before UFC Vegas 71
The UFC returns to the APEX facility this weekend with a card headlined by two of the promotion’s top bantamweights. At UFC Vegas 71, former champion Petr Yan will face Merab Dvalishvili.
Yan lost his belt to Aljamain Sterling in his first defense and then failed to win it back in an immediate rematch. Dvalishvili is on an eight-fight winning streak, but it seems unlikely he will ever challenge his close friend and sparring partner Sterling for the belt. The co-main of this one is a heavyweight clash between Alexander Volkov and Alexandr Romanov.
Join the new BE
Bloody Elbow is leaving Vox and relaunching as a reader-supported website. Help us keep independent MMA journalism alive.
Making the fight card a little more special than the usual APEX fare is the inclusion of Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann, who was supposed to headline a UFC Vegas card a few weeks ago but was pulled, during the event, when Krylov fell ill.
The prelims have some interesting matches including JJ Aldrich vs Ariane Lipski and Raphael Assuncao vs Davey Grant.
But before these fights can take place, we have to hit the scales. The official weigh-ins are at 12 p.m. ET. Keep it locked to this page for all results as they happen.
Main Card (6 p.m. ET on ESPN+):
- Bantamweight: Petr Yan (136) vs Merab Dvalishvili (134.5)
- Heavyweight: Alexander Volkov (258) vs. Alexander Romanov (264.5)
- Catchweight (215 lbs): Nikita Krylov (213) vs. Ryan Spann (213)
- Featherweight: Ricardo Ramos (154)* vs. Austin Lingo (145.5)
- Bantamweight: Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Jonathan Martinez (135.5)
- Light Heavyweight: Vitor Petrino (204) vs Anton Turkalj (205)
Preliminary card (3 p.m. ET on ESPN+):
- Heavyweight: Karl Williams (240.5) vs. Lucasz Brzeski (245)
- Bantamweight: Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Davey Grant (136)
- Middleweight: Sedriques Dumas (184.5) vs. Josh Fremd (186)
- Bantamweight: Mario Bautista (136) vs. Guido Cannetti (136)
- Flyweight: JJ Aldrich (125.5) vs. Ariane Lipski (125.5)
- Bantamweight: Tony Gravely (136) vs. Victor Henry (136)
- Flyweight: Tyson Nam (125.5) vs. Bruno Silva (125.5)
- Welterweight: Carlston Harris (169.5) vs. Jared Gooden (177)*
*Ricardo Ramos loses weight by 8 pounds.
** Jared Gooden misses weight by 6 pounds.
About the Author: Tim Bissell is a writer, editor and associate site manager for Bloody Elbow. He has been covering combat sports since 2015. Tim covers news and events and has also written long-form and investigative articles. (complete cinema)