Heading into WrestleMania, the card continued to fill up with big matches on Monday’s edition of Raw. But the big plot of the evening was the continuation of the saga of Sami Zayn and The Bloodline.
Zayn saved Kevin Owens from an early night attack, but Owens made it clear that he still didn’t trust Zayn and was unwilling to work with his former best friend. Then, at the end of the show, Zayn believed that Jey Uso chose him over his brother, Jimmy Uso, only for Jey to turn on Zayn and join his Bloodline family members in attacking Zayn, Owens does not. not rendering the favor of doing the backup. .
CBS Sports was with you all night with recaps and highlights of all the action from the TD Garden in Boston.
Bloodline grows stronger as Jey Uso turns against Sami Zayn
Kevin Owens beats. Solo Sikoa by disqualification after interference from Jimmy Uso. Uso had interfered earlier in the match, but Owens continued to overcome the numbers game until he managed to hit Sikoa with a pair of superkicks and a swan bomb. As Owens covered, Uso attacked to force the disqualification. The Bloodline members continued to attack Owens after the match before Sami Zayn rushed in to make the save, attacking both Sikoa and Uso before chasing them away with a chair. Zayn entered the ring and reached out to help Owens up, but Owens instead rolled out of the ring and walked backwards. Zayn confronted Owens later, saying things didn’t need to be OK between them but neither of them could take out The Bloodline alone.
Sami Zayn defeats. Jimmy Uso through Pinfall. Uso received orders earlier that night that it was his responsibility to take down Zayn and ensure Roman Reigns never had to hear his name again. During the match, Sikoa was about to hit Zayn with the Samoan Spike but was caught by the referee and thrown from ringside. Jey Uso pushed his way through the crowd to the ring and almost immediately Zayn was able to roll Jimmy for the win. Jey then entered the ring and came face to face with his brother. The pair shared a tense moment before Jey left the ring, approached Zayn and said, “I trust you,” and the pair hugged as Jimmy watched in disbelief. As Zayn celebrated, Jey spun around and hit Zayn with a super kick, immediately berating Zayn for thinking he would choose him over his own family. The Usos and Sikoa then attacked Zayn in the ring until Cody Rhodes rushed to the ring to make the save as the show went off the air.
There are only a limited number of times you can say WWE has won gold with this storyline without simply repeating the same points. No, WWE shouldn’t win an Emmy for all of this, but as a wrestling story, it’s elite level. The crowd bit so hard when Jey hugged Zayn that it ranks as one of the strongest pops in recent memory, even though it was obvious what was to come next. Owens having a hard time trusting Zayn is interesting, as is the fact that Zayn saved him earlier that night, but it was Rhodes who ultimately saved Zayn. So many things well done in history once again. Rating: A
What else happened on WWE Raw?
- Bobby Lashley delivered a message to Bray Wyatt, calling out Wyatt for sending Uncle Howdy to attack him and asking him what it would take for Wyatt to face him like a man.
- Bianca Belair defeated. Carmella by fall with the KOD. Chelsea Green was at ringside with Carmella and interfered in the match before also attacking Belair after the match. Asuka stormed the ring, walked into Carmella and Green’s faces, and blew mist, which Carmella dodged, allowing Green to take full effect.
- Logan Paul knocked out Seth Rollins during an in-ring segment with The Miz. Rollins asked Paul to fight him, but Paul said the stage wasn’t big enough. Miz said he could make a match between the two at WrestleMania. Rollins told Miz to do it before throwing him out of the ring. Paul and Rollins then briefly brawled before Miz joined the fray, distracting Rollins enough to allow Paul to land a punch.
- Omos beats. Dolph Ziggler by fall with a choke bomb.
- Johnny Gargano beats. Finn Balor via drop with One Final Beat. Balor seemed to have won the match when Edge’s music hit. Damian Priest and Rhea Ripley ran up the entrance ramp to cut Edge, but Edge came in from the crowd to push Balor off the top rope and set Gargano up for the win. After the match, Edge hit Balor with a spear and told him “it’s not over”.
- Piper Niven beats. Nikki Cross via drop with the Loch Ness Slam in a very short match.
- John Cena agreed to a match with Austin Theory at WrestleMania. The Theory interrupted Cena’s return to Raw to issue the challenge. Cena told Theory he wouldn’t because he didn’t want to ruin Theory’s career before manhandling Theory on the mic. Cena finally accepted the match after asking the crowd if they wanted to see it.
- Chad Gable beats. Baron Corbin by submission with an ankle lock. Maximum Male Models told Corbin they would consider signing him if he could beat Gable.
- Becky Lynch, Lita and Trish Stratus challenged Damage CTRL to a six-man match at WrestleMania. After agreeing, Damage CTRL tried to attack but ran away in no time.